5.30.2009

The Time Has Come

The old running shoes have been dusted off (and they aren't as giant as they appear in the photo), the ipod has a new playlist of kick ass songs and I'm ready! You know, I've been very fortunate to have taken off about 20 pounds the past six months or so. It was something that I am very grateful for. I'm a big fan of the Biggest Loser and it was so great that this years winner was a 48 year old mom that lost almost half of her original weight! It is such a good feeling to lose weight. When I was younger I was always fighting my weight, then I discovered my bestfriend.

I love the treadmill, I always have, its my bestfriend when it comes to working out. It's in a little storage room in the garage. I got a new one right before Christmas and have had a ton of reasons for not using it, but no more. I like being in the garage where in the summer its nice and hot, I put on my headphones and listen to my favorite music, no one bugs me and the time passes so quickly. I feel better about myself when I've finished and I'm more aware of the types of food I eat.

One of my goals is that I want to be able to wave good-bye to friends & family and when my arm stops waving, I want the rest of my "skin" to stop as well! You know, in about a weeks time I will get to be a Gramma again, little Morgan Clover is due any day now. I want to be able to keep up with her and Riley. I can't wait for the moment that Riley and I teach little Morgan how to dance, and shake her little booty like we do!! If you've got little toddlers, you've got to be able to keep up with 'em!! The time has come to spend some quality time with my bestfriend, the treadmill.

4 comments:

Malisa said...

Whew! You wore me out just reading your post! You LIKE to run? And you like to be in the hot garage? Girl, we gotta talk! :)

Malisa

The Texas Woman said...

Wait, Mal. They don't have our humidity or heat! They have perfect 80's weather. The trouble is they are going to have one too many earthquakes and fall into that dern ocean. But maybe that will happen when she's visiting us!

The Texas Woman

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Good for you!!!!


Taking care of your body is the best feeling!!!

Even though I don't have a weight problem I love "The biggest looser" ,I cry when they loose the weight!!!!

You go girl!!!!

Clara

trash talk said...

Girl, my best friend is ice cream! Remind me sometime to show you how to do a wave where nothing jiggles! I've shown Cher and a few others and it is fool proof! Course getting in shape is fool proof too, but mine is the lazy ass way!
Debbie