5.05.2009

The Many Sides of Christie Repasy

Many people know Christie for her rose paintings, which are beautiful. But there is SO much more to Christie than just her rose paintings. I didn't have a lot of time on Sunday to take pictures, but above is just one shot of Christie's space at Country Roads. She displays beautifully and with ease, there is no struggling when it comes to talent with this girl! The dresser you are looking at was also painted by her, and I love the little beach painting that is sitting on the dresser. I actually have one myself. Christie is in at least twice a week working on her space and it always has an inviting look to it. The thing I love best about my business is the people that are a part of it. We are all like a patchwork quilt that has been sewn together, we just "fit" together if you know what I mean. I'm very selective in regards to who becomes a dealer at the store. You can have a person that will make lots and lots of money, but if they are hard to work with it, at the end of the day, it's just not worth it. I think that's why so many people like to shop with us. It's a fun store, people actually "like" each other and I think that shows. The majority of our dealers have been at the store over ten years, which means a great deal to me. Country Roads. . .its all about the family. If you haven't been in to see in awhile, stop by. The store has all the colors of Spring, and Johnnye Merle's Gardens outback is overflowing with has new plant arrivals. See you soon!!

5 comments:

The Texas Woman said...

Goodness, I can't believe you know my idol! I LOVE Christie's work. I wish I was one of those people who are just happy for someone with talent but I'm not. I'm just totally jealous of her. TOTALLY!!! I'm printin' off this picture so I can study it! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

The Texas Woman

Malisa said...

Oh, my gosh! Cher has a soft spot! I think I will stop by your store tomorrow and buy some artwork for her!:) Wish I could!

Malisa

Is the turd still on the floor? Just wondering?

Malisa said...

I love that little beach painting too! Wow, this picture makes me want to visit more than ever!

Malisa

Jacque said...

Your passion for your store and store family always shines through, it is again a pleasure to hear about another of your family and they all are so talented! Someday I am going to surprise you and just walk in the door and yell "where is Sue, I want to meet her!" Until then keep us posted~Jacque

Sue said...

I SHAMELESSLY admit, I love what I do and I LOVE each and every person that makes Country Roads what it is today. And I know in my heart, they all know they are special. Country Roads was "given" to me to be a way of giving back, and not a day goes by that I don't remember that. Thanks for the positive comments, they are heartwarming!!