5.23.2009

Please Adopt Us!

So, there is just something about Country Roads and cats giving birth there. I can't even tell you how many times over the years we've had "kitty adoptions". These two, are not even the same kitties I posted a couple of months ago. Brande spotted the trio of kittens while working in Johnnye Merle gardens today. There is another little black one she couldn't catch and the mom is out there too. I don't think they are real feral as they aren't super frightened of people. And I cannot even tell you how difficult it is for me not to take them home. They ate the cat food Brande gave them so they are big enough to be adopted. I have such a hard time with irresponsible pet owners. There is no need for these poor little kittens to have been born. I'm hoping we can find them homes, they are so sweet, look at those little faces! Then on a completely different note, this metal mermaid came home with me today. Did I need this, nope. And if you remember a few weeks ago three cement dolphins came home with me. Country Roads is filled with such awesome antiques and I bring home dolphins and mermaids. I guess I'm getting anxious for summer!

4 comments:

Jacque said...

Love the mermaid! I thought of you the other night, one of our local t.v. stations has put a camera in the cat cages at the local SPCA, they call it kitty cam, so you can go on line and watch the cats playing, etc. Talk about wanting to take them all home! I never should have looked, but then I think it is a great way for people to see that these cats really need homes and how wonderful they are! The station is always doing things to support animal adoption so I give them kudos for that.~Jacque

Teresa said...

I love that mermaid! You gotta show us where you place her.

The Texas Woman said...

They are cute, all right. For once I'm glad you are far, far away!!!

The Texas Woman

Anonymous said...

Killer mermaid, I want it!!!!