2.28.2010

The Art of Lori Hannah Gutierrez

What I love about Country Roads is the "variety" of talent that makes up our Country Roads family. From quality antiques, to awesome vintage displays, to artists, we have a bit of everything. These pictures are of Lori's work. She is in a very small area right now but will be expanding tomorrow to a much larger space. I can't wait to see it! Right now, she has a lot of mermaid paintings on display that are for sale. Since I'm such a beach freak, of course each of these appeals to me! These painted shells on old vintage bottles are over the top! The detail of the mermaids is incredible! Lori's work is very detailed and beautiful and colorful and most of all, original! Another speciality Lori paints are crowns. This isn't the best example of what she does but all that she has right now. One of our customers cleaned her out last week. You can also find some great painted bracelets among other creations of Lori's! This little painted mermaid suitcase found its way home with me a few weeks ago. Fits in perfect in my bedroom that is a bit tropical and beachy! I hope you find the time to stop by next week and see what Lori is up to with her new large area at Country Roads. You know, Country Roads. . . always your favorite, never the same!

6 comments:

Malisa said...

I bet it is not long before we see some of those wonderful mermaids in your house! :) Love that first photo! Very cool!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

She has some cool stuff...I like her space a lot!

Maureen said...

What a talented girl!

Anonymous said...

I love Lori Gutierrez's art work. She is one creative gal!!!

Sue said...

I've always known Lori as Lori Gutierrez as well! I need to ask her which name she prefers!

Decorating With Art said...

Sue thank you for all your kind words.I really love being at Country Roads it's such a great store. I plan on bringing some fun and different things in.
The art world knows me as Gutierrez that's my maiden name.I've been signing it for over 30 years!
Thank You
Lori