10.14.2010

Vintage Inspiration Friday

I've missed the past couple of weeks of Debra's "Vintage Inspiration Friday" and I'm happy to be able to join her this week! I've posted some pictures of my oldest daughter Brande's apartment. The apartment is upstairs, right across the street from the beach down here locally in Old Towne Seal Beach. One of my favorite places! Brande is just like the rest of my family, she loves vintage and has pretty much furnished her entire place with pieces of the past. Her interests are all over the place, with a strong influence from her Gramma, she has a love for Texas where my Mom was born and raised! Her other interests are in teaching, she runs an after school art program, gardening (she owns Johnnye Merle Gardens at Country Roads), photography and film (she graduated from USC with a film degree), she is an avid reader, does fund raising which allows her to travel, and more. Okay, I think that is enough for one very long sentence. The pictures below capture what I was trying to say much more than the words I've typed! You can click on the pix's below to make them larger if you want to see them better. Blogger is always messing with me, I think it's a test! The first group of photos below are from the living room.



The kitchen is not huge, but it pretty much serves it purpose for my daughter. She never cared much about cooking until she moved out on her own. And the one thing I tried to teach her for years that has come back to haunt her is this. You have to rinse oatmeal out of your bowls or it will turn into paste! Of course she learned the hard way! It's nice to have Mom's wisdom appreciated here and there!


Brande does a lot of work from her home office. It is a mix of her many interests and one of her favorite places to hang out in her apartment. She opens her windows while working and can her the waves greeting the shore. I, on the other hand, open my windows and can often here the freeway. So I "pretend" at night the traffic is really the sound of the ocean. I've almost convinced myself of that!




Below are a few photos of the bedroom. Brande has always preferred darker colors, as where I'm pretty opposite on that one, although I do love the color choices she used in her room.


The main reason I chose to use Brande's apartment for this "Vintage Inspiration Friday" is because it shows you that no matter if you own a house, or rent an apartment, you can still make it your "HOME" by surrounding yourself with the things you love! Hope you all have a nice week-end!

10 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a well integrated space with wonderful stlye! Vintage just enriches it all, I agree! Cool Post!

Vintage Market Place said...

I just love the way Brande has decorated her home.
it is so unique and reflects you so much in her styling.
What a great compliment from her to you.
Have a great Friday Sue!
Amy

Boogieboard Cottage said...

Beande's apt looks really homey! I love the maps and clocks and Patsy Cline poster!I really like the color of her living room walls, a lot! Everything looks great. Mary :O)

Kate said...

Brande's style is really cool. I had to go over the photos twice to take it all in. Great post to share, very inspirational.

Have a Happy Friday

xo
Kate

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

I loved her apartment! Very young and hip, I wonder where she got her love for old stuff!!!!!

Unknown said...

Very true! Brande has a very lovely living space.

Blessings!
Gail

P.S. Pop over and enter in for my SPECIAL giveaway!

gail said...

I love it...very cozy and tastefully done!
gail
adventuresininnkeeping.blogspot.com

Susy said...

What a great space. She's definitely inherited the vintage bug, but has made it young and contemporary. Good job Brande.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hey there Sue!!! What a great apartment she has. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree! Love her style and the industrial pieces she uses. Her place is so unique and individual. Love the maps! Great Post, thanks so much for sharing her space with us!
love ya,
Debra

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

What a home...so many treasures to see! I am forwarding this to my daughter who is making an inspiration binder for her first place!