10.24.2010

The Early Days of JM Gardens

While looking for some pictures on my computer this morning, I came across these early pictures of Johnnye Merle's Gardens & Nursery. Things were so neat and tidy and hadn't even begun to grow yet. I think to myself, the most interesting part of our gardens is that they are built on top of asphalt! Not an easy challenge. Here some pictures below after everything was just beginning!





Today, stuff that we planted on the asphalt has grown unbelievably! I will confess we DO need to do some pruning, but there is still and always will be something very special about the little garden in back of Country Roads named after my mom, Johnnye Merle! I know she looks down on it fondly and we have made her proud!!And what means even more to me, is many of our customers find warm memories out there as well. We miss you Mom!

3 comments:

Blooming Rose Musings said...

What a lovely tribute to your mother! I'm sure she is looking down with a big smile on her face.
I must admit, the garden in back of Country Roads really is special.
I always look forward to going back there each time I visit...there are always hidden treasures in that garden.
Hope all is well. I'm already looking forward to another visit!

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Sue, I couldn't believe it when I realized that I had never clicked on your follow button...after all this time!!! Well, I corrected that today and I am a follower. I was sure I was a follower a long time ago!

Malisa said...

I am so anxious to see the garden close up and personal. I bet I would love it!

M