10.27.2010

A Day With Riley & Walter!

When my kids were little, I always was one of the parents that got asked if I could help on their class field trips. I LOVED doing this, seriously. There is just something magical about it. Today I got to go with Katie on Riley's little field trip to Tanaka Farms out in Irvine. That is Riley and her BFF (best friend forever) Walter pictured above! It was a beautiful Fall day, although it did heat up a bit later in the day. Also, because we've had a bit of rain this past month, there were a lot of kids there because of the previously rained out field trips. Below are some of my favorite pictures of the day!








Bodhi also joined us on our little outing, although he slept most of the time. Maybe next year he will know more about what is going on! There is an old Patsy Cline song called. . .

"Eyes of A Child"!

If I could see the world,
Through the eyes of a child.
What a wonderful world this would be.
There'd be no trouble and no strife,
Just a big happy life.
With a bluebird in every tree.
(If I Could See The World Through)

I could see right, no wrong.
I could see good, no bad.
I could see all the good things,
In life I've never had.
If I could see the world,
Through the eyes of a child.
What a wonderful world this would be.

If I could see the world,
Through the eyes of a child.
Smiling faces would greet me all the while.
Like a lovely work of art,
It would warm my weary heart,
Just to see through the eyes of a child.

I could see right, no wrong.
I could see good, no bad.
I could see all the good things,
In life I've never had.
If I could see the world,
Through the eyes of a child.
What a wonderful world this would be.


Thank you Riley & Walter for letting me join you on a truly magical day!!

1 comment:

Malisa said...

Smart girl, Riley! Walter is precious! He's a keeper! Walter has hair just like my Evan had at that age. Sigh. I miss those days.

So glad you got to spend today at the pumpkin patch with Riley and her good lookin' man!

M