10.03.2010

A Few Texas Treasures

I've known Lynn Jackson for a long time. First as a customer, then she became a Country Roads dealer. Her love is similar to mine, "country"! Lynn just returned from her trip to Texas for all the great shows. It was interesting talking with her since I've never been able to go, and this was her first time. She was blown away at the kindness, the trust, and just how wonderful all of you were at the Texas shows. Lynn was so touched that she could make her purchases, leave them, come back and not only would they still be there, but so many kind people would even help her load her car! Although she doesn't have all of her "stuff" back yet, here is a new display she just put together with some of the smaller things she brought back!




Lynn and I were talking about how many Californians don't have a very good reputation when they shop in Texas. I sadly have to admit, I understand why. I work with them daily. I just want to thank ALL of you that were so kind to my Country Roads family. Most of us are pretty caring people, and I loved listening to Lynn talk about "y'all"! Thanks!

7 comments:

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

~*~*Such neat treasures!! Wish I~* could be there!!~**Hugs, Rachel :)~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

afistfullofweeds* said...

Your Wonderful store is on my Bucket List, Sue!! I my be in a wheelchair by then!! LOL

trash talk said...

I don't know who's doing the "talking" 'cause I have enjoyed meeting and getting to know all the Californians I've met...especially the CR's ones!
Debbie
P.S. Whew...thank goodness she didn't meet any of our stinkers!

Anne Lorys said...

Yummy stuff!
Now we just have to get YOU down here in the Spring!

Vintage Market Place said...

AHHH, love the wheelbarrow display!!
Some great stuff there I am sure!
It is amazing how the world has become so rude and out for themselves.
We just discussed this topic at dinner last night with friends that are not from this country. Sad very sad, how did this happen??
Vegas is right up there I am positive in the rude dept.
So glad that I have had great experiences with you and your family at CR's and tell everyone I know to stop in there when they hit SoCal
Take care
AMy

The Boston Lady said...

The people of Texas are indeed honest and friendly. I hate that the CA folks may have a bad rep. I found most people in CA to be most respectful and friendly. Maybe it's the stress of the event. Oh well...

I love the old mail box that's being guarded by the rooster. And I can't wait until my next trip out to SoCal not just to see my kids, but to stop by CRA again and shop without being totally overwhelmed like I was the first time. There's so much great stuff that it's hard to commit.

Hope your week goes great and I'm glad you were able to guess my true "story"! Thanks for stopping by. Ann

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Great goodies from Texas! Thanks for sharing the loot. Have a good one....Julian