12.16.2009

White Wednesday

The time is flying and Christmas is almost here. This "White Wednesday" I have gift suggestions for everyone. I don't know how many of you are like me, but I have a big flat screen tv in my family room and I hate looking at it. The rest of the house is filled with antique & vintage furniture and collectibles, and then there is the tv! This is an old built-in white cupboard that I sold this past Sunday. The girl that bought it is going to take out the shelves and put her tv in it. And what was super cool about this particular old built in is that the girl also wanted to store her wine collection in the cupboard that she was buying to hide the tv. When you open the left narrow cupboard door, it has the old wire shelves. They use to call them the "California Coolers" since they were built into the the old California bungalows and sat between the floors of the house. And what was really weird, an hour after the cupboard above sold, I had another couple come in looking for a cabinet or cupboard to hide their tv! They were looking at the one above to put their tv in. There was a little concern about the clear glass since you would still be able to see the tv. I suggested some old bark cloth as one way to get the tv hidden. They are thinking about this piece, and I swear, if my tv would fit it would have gone home with me! That is what I love best about the old white stuff, you can use it in your homes today, not just as a "collectible" but as a functional piece. I hope you all have a chance to stop by and visit Kathleen who is our gracious hostess of "White Wednesday". And as I always say, there are some wonder photos and blogs to go visit on her side bar. Happy Holidays to you all!!

3 comments:

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

I love both peaces, I am getting RED walls in my kitchen for my B-Day. A whit cabinet would really look nice. Have a great White Wednesday. Rita mammabellarte

The Renaissance Chick said...

Those are both very nice pieces! Lurch thinks I pick what I buy by how much it weighs! Ha! Bless his heart, he has to move so much heavy stuff! Yep...I would have bought either one of those pieces!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE OLD BUILT IN ! WISH SOMETHING LIKE THAT WOULD FIT IN MY APARTMENT! WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW I AM HAVING AN AWESOME GIVE AWAY, HOP ON OVER TO MY BLOG TO CHECK IT OUT (ALTHOUGH YOU HAVE THE CREAM OF THE CROP AT YOUR FINGERTIPS.. MAY NOT BE A BIGGY LOL) HUGS- HEATHER