12.24.2009

"Home for the Holidays"

Every Christmas season, without fail, I watch Faith Hill's, "Home for the Holidays"! It is a great heartwarming special about not only the need that so many kids have to be adopted, but stories of those that were adopted. All of these stories just fill your heart with "hope" and remind me of all the good that is still left in the world. Faith herself was adopted. What I also enjoy about this special is that not only does Faith sing, but others do as well. I love Mary J, looking good as always. And this "nice" looking man, performed as well, although he had more clothes on at the time. I've always been into Michael Franti's music and I also knew he does his part in "giving back". What I never knew though that he was adopted as a child. As he told his story through words, and song, they would show his mom in the audience. You could see how very much she loves him and was so proud as tears streamed down her face as her son spoke about her! Each year this show is a reminder to us all that there are great kids out there waiting for homes. If you get a chance, try and catch a re-run of this special! And speaking of little kids, such as my "artist" Riley, I was reading a blog this morning that Beth writes. She is a teacher, and it just so happens that this year she has two little kids in her class that both are struggling with leukemia. One is doing well, and is home for Christmas. The other is not doing so well. This little girl's wish is to get as many cards as she can from all over the world! If you would like to send her a card, you can contact Beth on the link above (assuming the link works) or email me or leave a comment with your email and I would be happy to provide you with her address! It just takes a "little" to make a difference a big difference in a little kid's life! As I head out to "the store" this morning to work, I just want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas! And as one of the old country Christmas songs goes, "Thank God For Kids"! Just keep the markers away from them this holiday season!

5 comments:

Maureen said...

I missed the special - hopefully I'll catch it in reruns.

Riley is my belly laugh for the season. Silly girl.

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Dear Sue, wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!

Jacque Ferreira said...

Sue, if you e-mail the young ladies mail address I would love to send a card. (beachjunquie@gmail.com) I think Riley looks lovely in blue, we have a similar picture of my niece but it was face, arms & walls! I don't have a T.V anymore but I did see Faith's show one year and it was wonderful!~Jacque

Faded Charm said...

Wishing you a wonderful and blessed Christmas . I have enjoyed getting to know you through blogging and love all your photos of your shop.

Thanks for the link you posted. I have a nine year old daughter and this story breaks my heart. I thinkshe'd love to send her something.

xoxo
Kathleen

trash talk said...

I think Bella and Graycie would love to send her a card. Please let me know her address and I'll get Grayzilla to write it out.
Have a merry Christmas!
Debbie