6.03.2010

Just "Because" Gifts

I love old advertising stuff. I think part of it is because many of the pieces are "one of a kinds", made especially for one individual business or product. Some of the older pieces are like folk art to me, and I treasure the individuality of each and every piece I collect. I have several of these great advertising pieces in my office at home. Actually, I have "stuff" all over my house, but some of the gifts Bryce has given me are in my office. The two pictures above are from him, and have been hanging in my office for awhile. Like many gifts I received from my family and friends, I treasure them. The other day Bryce was selling at the Long Beach Flea Market. The following day while we were working at Country Roads, he gave me another little advertising surprise, pictured above. Being Bryce, the conversation went like this. "Mom, do you want this, I got it really cheap and it is like the other one I gave you". Of course I wanted it, and thanked him. And then he pointed something out to me that I hadn't noticed right away. The date was the same day that my boy Bryce was born on, October 1st! Random things always happen in my life, and the random good stuff always holds a special place in my heart. I will always treasure this old advertising calendar, and thank you Bryce for warming my heart the way you did!

10 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

That piece is amazing, aww boys and their moms.
What a wonderful way to remember his b-day!
Amy

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

What a sweet and thoughtful son. It is a great piece:)
~Debra
Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

Faded Charm said...

Love this story and that calendar was meant to be yours. So special. I, too love old advertising.

Hope you are having a great week!

Kathleen

Anne Lorys said...

Those pieces are just fabulous!
That Bryce is a good kid, I think you oughta keep him! :-)

XOXO,
Anne

Malisa said...

Aawwww! How sweet! Isn't it funny how sons show their love so nonchalantly? That was very nice of Bryce! You will think of him every time you look at that super cool calendar!

M

Kate said...

I think Bryce is wonderful and I love to hear the mother son stories like this.

You have a terrific family!!!

See you soon
Kate

Blue Canoe Reloaded said...

Awhhhh....OUR BOY BRYCE...we love him so much ., he has such a BIG heart...always thinking of others..especially Mom!!....xoxo Lisa and Tim

Lisa Loria said...

That is VERY cool!
But when things like that happen, one has to wonder if they are really random or not...

Hugs,
Lisa

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Sue, for some reason I can't leave you a comment on the post above, but what I wanted to say is that I love all the things that Tim and Lisa find. He does have a good eye. Did they by chance see that they made the Texas magazine, the post I did, as did Gloria and her husband. Have a great Friday, wish I were going to the FC Show.

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Hey Sue! I'm really liking your Summer Look here girlfriend!!!