7.02.2009

A Thing For Mermaids

My metal mermaid stands tall, and keeps an eye on all those in the pool in case she is needed to help out with a rescue! This is one of my favorite mermaids. She is an oldie, but beautifully sits perched above the pool and enjoys the sunshine. She also has a twin sister that sits by Stacey's pool! Mermaids come in all shapes, colors, sizes and some are even made out of rubber and like to hang out by the pool!Some mermaids like to hang out in bathrooms, just quietly hanging there looking lovely.You know the coolest part about old vintage stuff? You can even collect mermaids, guess that's why I've got a thing for mermaids!

5 comments:

Jacque said...

First Sue, I went out and bought Romantic Homes just to see your house and it was so great, I just loved everything, I knew we had a lot in common now I know for sure, though I have to admit you have more then me, must be that connection you have to such a great store! Mermaids, I use to be one you know, so I also collect them, only have one cool vintage one. Your collection is just great, makes me want to watch Splash on dvd. Have a great fourth weekend~Jacque

Anonymous said...

I don't know what I was thinking when I sold my pair of rubber nautical mermaid bouys. Looks like you have one!!

Malisa said...

Sue, that photo of "you" in your header looks like a mermaid!

Malisa

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Just stopping by to wish you a Happy 4th!

Teresa said...

The fourth one is my favorite. What a cool thing to collect! Have a beautiful weekend!