7.21.2009

Bloomin' Tuesday

Here's a few photos of what's bloomin' in my garden this week. This white foxglove just bloomed this past week. There is something I love about white flowers!This foxglove continues to bloom, must know that makes me happy. My little ladybug poppy continues to just bloom & bloom! These flowers, I think might be black-eyed susan's, not sure. But they are really doing well and I love the color on them. My pineapple plant just bloomed again last week. I love how the flower look just like little pineapples. My Mary Lou Heard rose has done well all summer. This rose was named after a really awesome woman here in So.Calif that owned a nursery called Heards Gardens. She died way too soon, but what an honor to have a rose named after her! I love these little light pink flowers. They are blooming everywhere, and I've totally forgotten the name of them but I absolutely love the color and shape of the flower! Be sure to stop by and visit Ms.Greenthumb Jean She has a wonderful garden a bunch more links to view several others. Happy Gardening!

12 comments:

Darla said...

Nice blooms. I am learning to enjoy the 'pop' that white brings to a garden. Your blackeye susan looks like a blanket flower, same family different markings.

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Hi Sue! Can't find your email either (and I know I have it!!!) but you can write us at:
migambeta@yahoo.com
Looking forward to your email,
Clara & Marcela

Debra@CommonGround said...

You have a beautiful garden!
Debra

Carla said...

THIS is what a cottage garden should look like! What beauty, that pineapple and pink flower are new too me. Beautiful:)

Kristin said...

Love your garden!

Jean said...

Foxglove is a favorite of mine but I don't have any white. I love it! I can see why you love the pineapple plant. So unique. Jean

kesslerdee said...

Oh how gorgeous! I love love love the Foxglove! It is a flower I want so badly, but not sure it will do well in Arizona. I've a packet of seeds though to try next spring!

The Renaissance Chick said...

Gorgeous! I'm going to send you photos of my dead plants!

You should live in Texas!

Malisa

trash talk said...

I guess Malissa and I are raising the same thing...H#@% instead of flowers!!! I just don't have the time and even if I did, the heat wouldn't let me raise anything as pretty as what you've got going on! I am so envious of yours.
OK, I know I am old, but when did you change your header? I try to pay attention to details, but if you tell me you did it a month ago, I'm checking myself into Shady Pines!
Debbie

~~Rhonda said...

Sue, your foxglove looks great. I haven't had much luck with those in my garden. Your Blanketflower (Gaillardia aristata) is beautiful. Bright cheerful color! I am not familiar with the pineapple plant or the pink flowers, but they are great shapes in the garden, as well as lovely colors. ~~Rhonda

Genie said...

Mary Lou was wonderful. I think of her often. My mom would come to visit from Half Moon Bay and we would always visit Mary Lou at Heards Gardens and Cathy at the Vintage Rose country shop next door. Thank you for the wonderful memories.

Aiyana said...

Great photos. Love the foxgloves, especially the dark pink ones. The rose is also beautiful.
Aiyana