3.22.2012

This Post Is For You Mom



As I seem to mention quite often lately, I've been working a bit more than I normally do at Country Roads. And the one thing that has been really bothering me about that is I haven't had time to have my grandkids over. And not spending time with my little ones has been bothering me so much these past few weeks. Today, I finally got that long lost time with the kids. Although I only had Riley and Morgan, which are cousins, not sisters. But our family is so close, they are like sisters. I'm writing this post for my Mom tonight. I'm not sure why, she's been gone since August of 2006 right after Riley's birth. It's not a special day or date, but it was a day for me that warmed my heart and made me think of my Mom. I have two daughters and a son. And right now, I have two granddaughters and a grandson, with another granddaughter on the way and due at the end of July. My kids use to make my Mom crazy, and it still makes me smile. My Mom was from Texas, so off course the first pair of cowboy boots my son Bryce got were from my Mom. I've picked up Riley and Morgan old vintage cowboy boots, and Bodhi as well. I need to be on the look out for another pair for my new granddaughter that will arrive in late July.  I know my Mom is smiling on us at the girls in their boots! Below are some pictures that warmed my heart today! Did you notice that Morgan's pink boots that are also way too big for her are also on the wrong feet. Riley is the one wearing the red boots.









And the picture above? Bodhi arrived and all hell broke loose just like it did when Bryce joined in the fun when he was Bodhi's age!

6 comments:

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

Sue, I do still say goodnight to my dad every night.....often when I have a special moment with the boys I still feel empty, he is not here to enjoy it too.I am fortunate to be able to talk to my mamma once a week and I do tell her what is going on here in the USA and still miss her too. I am so happy you got to spend the day with the girls. Too cute and their boots! Have a lovely night. I am still planning to come Sunday to CR. Ciao

Genie said...

Some day...I've been told the only reason to have children is to have grandchildren. You mom is definitely smiling.

Have a great evening. e

The Boston Lady said...

Such great pictures Sue. I'm glad you got to spend that special time with "the girls" and then "the boy". So adorable and I love those boots. Ann

Recycled Rita said...

I know how you feel about your mom. My dad passed away 7 years ago and I still have pangs of missing him now and then....
Your girls are so darling! I love the boots!
I will be in tomorrow, I will see you if you are working! karen....

Pent-Up Photos said...

Awwwww! My heart is so warmed by these photos of your special loves! They are just the cutest and I am so glad that you got to spend some quality time with them! I'm gonna be on the look out for boots for little Malaysia!

Desire Empire said...

Family is what it's all about. Happy for you that you got the time to spend with them
Carolyn