3.16.2012

A Hollyhock Explosion!


I absolutely LOVE this time of year. Out here in sunny SoCal we've been having all kinds of weather. It will be really cold, really hot, rain, or wind or just a nice beautiful day. My gardens are loving all the rain! For some reason, this year I have a hollyhock explosion. They are coming up everywhere and I haven't planted anything. What makes it more interesting is that they are growing the fastest out by in the parkway on the other side of my driveway. This dirt is horrible over there. Bryce use to make cement hearts, and would dump the let over cement in this part of my garden. The boy makes me crazy. Anyway, I just wanted to share some pictures of my hollyhock explosion and the rest of the flowers and plants that are popping up everywhere!









There are days like today where I long for the sunshine and am so anxious to sit outside and enjoy my home and my gardens. I think I am truly the happiest when I'm at home!


I wish you all a happy St. Patty day tomorrow. Don't drink too much green beer!!

6 comments:

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

What a lovely garden! I am just abit behind you here in Utah, but my hollyhocks are starting to pop up out of the ground. I can't wait!

blossoms vintage chic said...

Love~LOVE~Love Hollyhocks and how wonderfully tall they can grow...your lavander looks really happy in your garden too!
Hope you are home enjoying the rain and a bit of green beer.
See you soon,
Debbie

Mary said...

Wow! Your garden is so pretty! I love your hollyhocks and your cool blue and white garden chairs.

Genie said...

We popped into the store as a rainy day treat. The gardens and the store look amazing.
Hollyhocks are one of top 10 favorites for my cottage garden. All the better that green is my favorite color.

Sylvia said...

It all looks so pretty, would love to take a stroll through your garden!

Sylvia

Maureen said...

Wow - I'm envious of the explosion. The Nasturtium looks awesome.

P.S. The poor soil is the reason for the Hollyhock explosion. They're one of those crazy plants that prefer poor soil rather than rich soil.