3.30.2010

Recycling Our Stuff

The one thing I love about this business, about "the store" is that it makes recycling fun. I get to change things out in my house whenever a feel like it. I've been kind of tired of the pillows on my glider in my bedroom. And speaking of gliders, I LOVE this glider. It is one of the old vintage ones that usually you find "outside", not in a bedroom. I added some cushions to it, and it is so very comfortable. I always like to rock my little grandbabies on it. It's great for getting them to fall asleep! I've been getting kind of tired of the starfish pillows for awhile now. I was time for a change so, are going to "the store" (aka Country Roads) to be sold. I bought these two pillows over the week-end. It was love at first sight! I bought them from the "Marvelous Marcela", that is so talented and creative AND her prices are so very reasonable. You for sure need to stop by and see what she has got. I don't think you will walk away empty handed! I've also been having a book crisis at home. A bookcase got ripped out, my boy Bryce now has a baby girl that is almost one and needed more room. And, I just have way too many design and decorating books anyway. I was trying to go through them the other night to pick out a few I wanted to keep. The rest of the books went to "the store" to be sold to support my habit, my addition, to design and decorating type books. They are all for sale for only $8.00! At first I thought I would price them individually and realized "why" would I make myself have even more work to do? So, there is my library up for sale, which actually is displayed on Marcela's awesome church pew which is priced very reasonably. It's got the great old white chippy paint on it. And don't forget, we have a BIG Easter sale this Sunday at "the store" from 10am to 4pm! Hope to see you there.

10 comments:

Tanza said...

Hi Sue,
LoVe this beach, so cool room of yours .. how relaxing is that ?! Looks like you could swing open the doors, and you are on the sand of your favorite beach .. loVe the cushions on the glider, the new pillows you snagged up, are so girly beachy .. Loving them .. Hoping you have a wonderful, creative day playing at home ~
hugs ~tanza~

Junk Exchange said...

if you ever want to 'recycle' the fabric on those glider cushions - you just let me know .. love them and the glider, also ..

troy

Patty said...

I love those beachy pillows they're so perfect! See you at the sale ;)

Callie Magee Antiques said...

The barkcloth cushions on that settee are great. Pass them on this way anytime you are tired of
them.
Love your blog.
Lois

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

OMG!! I missed this post...you bought my pillows???? Thank you so much!! "They look like you" don't they??? I'm happy they went to a nice home :)

Diann said...

Lots of fun things in this post!

Vintage Market Place said...

It was a pleasure visiting your shop last weekend. So many great things I wanted it all, sad I missed the books
That just means I will have to come and shop again soon.
Thanks for having such an awesome shop
AMy

Kate said...

Sue,
That glider does look so cozy in your room. I love that you use it to rock your grandbabies:)) Hope you enjoy your time away. I see people have already put a dent in your decorating book collection. Getting ready for the big sale this weekend.

Take care
Kate

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

I just love that church pew - gorgeous. I wish lived closer - I need to support my bad book habit. Ugh! Why are all the great shops on the other side of the country?!

Miss Gracie's House said...

That is an awesome bench! Have a great weekend!
Rene'