3.15.2010

"BSC" Sunday

You know if this is the first picture you see on one of my "BSC" Sunday's, it means it was a BAD day! The day started off rather mellow, as most Sundays do. With the time change, that helped us have some time to face the public and their craziness. It was really a beautiful day outside yesterday. The flowers were blooming in our Johnnye Merle Gardens, the store was peaceful and I "started" to enjoy taking pictures. Here is a tip for anyone that thinks they can save some money when they buy a camera that was a display model. Even if you get 30 percent off, there is a reason! My camera button that you push to take the pictures got stuck. Then the camera button that turns the camera off and on would get stuck. How did Brande help me fix it? You have to take the battery out. You know that battery that I had just charged and was dying by the end of the day. About the same time as the camera issue, our day started! When Brande had gone to Starbucks someone had spray painted the above on on of the walls in Old Towne. I would like to think it was the two, fancy most OBNOXIOUS women of earth that we all wanted to strangle. Brande encountered them on the sales floor first. It was $32 chair. They basically wanted it for free. I was at the counter with Brande when they came up to pay. The more obnoxious of the two started, "you guys are killing me, can't you give me a break here". We just said no. Then she persists, "can't you just eat the sale tax", this is when I REALLY wanted to suggest she personally "eat" you know what! Instead I gave her the lecture of how in the state of California you are required to actually charge tax. I told her if she didn't want to buy it, no worries, which she did end up buying her stupid chair. As Brande said, "if you are going to act like a fancy, rich, you know what" then why be an ass over $32! People are truly BSC!! On a much happier note, I want to wish Arianna (Carol's little girl) a big happy birthday! I can't believe she is four years old today. I remember going to visit her after she was born at the hospital and it didn't seem THAT long ago. This Azul, who is Ari's little brother. Every time you ask him to smile for a picture, you get the same little look on his face. It's his pirate smile!! And the vintage egg crate he is clinging too that holds fake eggs? Azul's new thing is to climb into the refrig at home, search for the eggs, then he throws them one by one on the floor. Azul likes to watch them "explode"! Boys, and I'll have my own here pretty soon! Let's hope my customers today are kinder and gentler!

I just got home from another equally trying Monday at Country Roads! Thank God I'm off for the next few days. I did have to add something, that I forgot to put in this morning. At the very, very end of the day a guy walked up to the counter. I quickly said, "I'll be right with you" without really looking AT him! When I went over to write his order up and actually "looked" at him", well all I can say is he was the most "beautiful boy" ever! I'm guessing in his late 20's! He caught Brande's attention as well. His eyes were ocean blue & they sparkled, full head of sandy blonde hair, with a scruffy unshaven look. He was beautiful, and nice. He was asking about all the boardwalk we use in the store that use to be the boardwalk in Laguna Beach. When I told him, he was so into it and smiled and said, "shut up, awesome"! He lives in Laguna Beach. So we chatted a bit more as he told me what he was going to do with the stuff he bought. I just stared, seriously, I just stared at the most beautiful boy I think I've ever seen. As he left, I noticed how nicely his Levis fit him! I guess there is a word for people like me. Is it that "cougar" word???

9 comments:

Sweet Lady said...

Wow. I would be really bad at your job, because I'd have a sum total of 3 customers. That woman's picture would go up on a "cheap ass customers" bulletin board in full view at the cash register. Maybe it would help if you had the drink before work???!

Maureen said...

Another day in paradise..... That drink sure looks refreshing!

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

Ohohohoh Sue after we meet you may want to hire me! I will take care of all your problems the Sicilian way. I do really like your first pic, as soon as I saw it my mouth started to water and it's only 1 in the afternoon but I am ready for a drink!Ciao Rita

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Sometimes I miss retail....NOT!!!!!

chateau de fleurs said...

i HOPE i DIDN'T START THE WEEK OFF ON A BAD NOTE BY SHARING MY TRYING DAY LAST FRIDAY. i WOULD LOVE TO JOIN YOU FOR THAT DRINK, ILL BRING RITA ALONG WE COULD HAVE SOME GOOD LAUGHS!

ginny said...

sue:

i agree - - nothing like perfecting fitting levis and sandy blonde hair . . .

when we stop looking and appreciating - we die.

enjoy!!

trash talk said...

I guess by being tight a$$es is how the rich get richer! BTW...the word you're looking for is alive and add to that another word...breathing! Hubba hubba!
Debbie

My Vintage Treasures said...

You have such control!!!
I hope that drink hit the spot :)

EnchantedBella said...

Hi, I miss living in California. I grew up going to the Boardwalk in Laguna Beach and the boys were beautiful. I would be considered a "cougar". Now that I am older I only look. I am in the retail business and I definitely know what you mean about those people who just have to be rude and mean about everything. I hope the rest of your week is better.

Rebecca