3.29.2010

A "Milder" BSC Week-end

It was a "milder" BSC" week-end! We were busy, and I'm exhausted today. We made money the hard way, meaning you sell lots of smalls rather than furniture and basically run your butt off all day!! But hey, I will take it any way I can get it! We did have a little episode, which is pictured above. I walked by a space that is filled with vintage clothes. I was wondering "where" the woman tried on the pants she now had on. Then she started trying on tops, in the dealer space, on the sales floor in full view of everyone! To respect the privacy of this customer, okay, our cell phones don't have the zoom feature on the camera so its not the best picture! If you look close the woman is pictured above in her bra. I have no words except she must be very comfortable with her body in public. I also had a customer, that bounced me a check for $500 back to November, agree to bring back the two paintings she wrote the bad checks on. And if she didn't do this by Saturday at 11am, we were turning the checks and her information over to the police department. We had crazy wind that day, so I am writing up a customer at the counter and I hear a "thud", glance over and see a painting by the front door. Yes, the customer dropped one of the two painting off and ran. But before I could figure out what was going on, I see Katie, at five & half months pregnant, bookin' it out the front door and I can see her running after the woman out the side windows of the store! Katie catches up with her and asks her where the other painting is. Another long story we've heard for months now, but she will have it to me by 5pm that day. Next the phone rings, and it is the customer. I asked her "why" she ran away. I guess she thought since she was five minutes late there would be a cop there to arrest her! Okay, I could have been nice, but I just laughed and laughed at her. I believe that is called karma! I did get back my other painting, and she told Katie she would call me the next day to find out what she owed me in bank fees. Do you want to guess if she called me or not? Nope! So, with that said, I'm off to the bank to make a deposit and see if a bounced $200 check from a couple of weeks ago just might be "good" today! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

What is wrong with people these days???? I'm always stunned that people will buy our junk and then bounce the check...we are not selling baby formula, something you MUST have. We are selling junk that anyone can live without!!! Why is it so hard for some people to understand and get a grip???? Why is it so hard for some people to restrain themselves???I know it's cool junk, but if you don't have the $, you can't buy it...(by the way, you can't steal it either) Simple, very simple...

Maureen said...

I don't understand. I just don't understand.

ginny said...

. . . somewhere there is one hell of a big rock that these creatures crawl out from under. . .

too bad it doesn't just crush them.