3.25.2010

Time

I am someone, that I finally just admitted to myself the other day, is really busy. I guess before I just thought I had a lot to do, but now I realize there is a reason there are some days that I am dragging! I get up early to work in my office. My days are spent either at the store, or with my grandbabies, and then I work more at night before heading to bed to watch some tv. I was looking at some old pictures on my computer this morning, while trying to wake up at the same time. These pictures were taken in March of 2007. Riley wasn't even a year old yet. And now she will be four in August. How does that happen? There are so many times, especially now, that I wish I could slow time down. I just don't know how to do it, do you? The months fly by faster and faster each year, amazing! And now my little Riley is in pre-school, takes swimming lessons & swims like a little fish, talks non-stop, and loves to sing. She is a big cousin to Morgan who will be one in June, and Riley will be a big sister in July when her baby brother is born. She has a wicked sense of humor, and Riley did a little video for her aunt Brande the other day. Kind of shows her style of humor, and you just may see what I mean! I post the lyrics to Zach Gill's song all the time, so you don't have to read them, but I need to post them. They warm my heart.

You Watch Them Grow

She's close to God, I'm sure of that
She sits him down, and they have a chat
She asks for sunshine, and he agrees
You see, for her, He'd do anything

You watch them grow, then you let 'em go

She is a monkey, and I'm her tree
And now she's climbing all over me
Swinging on my vines dancing on my limbs
Her monkey sounds sound like angel's hymns

You watch them grow, then you let 'em go
You watch them grow, then you let 'em go

She is an angel, she is an imp
She's got my big toe, and her mother's lips
She gives fishy kisses, and great big bear hugs
42 pounds of pure love
Then one day she'll be 17, feelin' too big for her home
Seems she was just only 3, oh how our children they grow

You watch them grow, then you let 'em go
You watch them grow, then you let 'em go
You watch them grow, then you let 'em go
You watch them grow, then you let 'em go

Then one day she'll be 33, maybe with a child of her own
Seems she was just 17, oh how our children they grow
He'll ask for sunshine, and she'll agree
You see for him, she'd do anything
He is her child, the center of her world
She is his mother... my little girl

You watch them grow, then you let 'em go
You watch them grow, then you let 'em go

I hate to let anyone know this, but personally, I'm NEVER letting go!!

7 comments:

Deb said...

what a little cutie pie...

Maureen said...

She's a real little character! I think it would be safe to say that it has something to do with the people she hangs out with.

The passage of time...not my favorite subject. It kind of freaks me out. When I allow myself to think that way I feel like it was yesterday that I was putting my oldest daughter on the bus for her first day of school. Her birthday is on Easter Sunday and she'll be.....25! Boohoo.

Kate said...

Sue,
You always touch my heart with how much you simply love everyone and your grandbabies!!!! Lucky Lucky them to have you, well we all are:)

Hope to see you this weekend, enjoy your time before you come back.

Love
Kate

Tanza said...

Hi Sue,
She is a DOLL !! I think your two babies look like sisters .. Both are just beautiful .. You are blessed .. hoping your week has been a good one ~
hugs ~tea~

Midway Records said...

Time seems to go by faster the older you get! My baby just turned 34 & my oldest will soon be 38. Of course, I'm still 21!!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

To be honest, Sue, I will never let go of my kids either. How can I?

Teresa said...

She's such a little doll. My son will be 17 this year... seems like not so long ago that he was 5. sigh...

hope you are having a lovely spring day.