12.29.2011

Randomness


Our customers are truly the best! We have been so busy this week, and it's still three days until our big New Year's Day sale! My intent yesterday, and all this week, was to post pictures of what is currently at Country Roads. Believe me, we have a lot of great stuff right now. I just haven't had a lot of time to share that great stuff! Here is a very small sampling of some pictures I quickly took yesterday.









I love old letters! And what I love even more than the letters is that someone took the time to save them over all of these years. And the handwriting is just beautiful! I always wonder" why" they end up for sale and no one in this person's family wanted to hang on to them. Believe me, I know why this happens, but it just makes me a bit sad that no one in the family cared enough to hang on to the letters! I hope you all have a great day. We are having some beautiful, sunny weather here in southern California. And New Year's day is supposed to be in the mid to upper 70's! The perfect day for a big sale at Country Roads!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know Sue, can you believe the gorgeous weather we are having? It's going to be 79 on Sunday!! Sounds like a beach day to me.
I always feel the same way when I see old letters for sale. I would love to find some old letters from my ancestors, I think it would be incredible to have that kind of written history to hand down from generation to generation.
Hope you have a great day.
Sincerely,
Melinda