2.24.2011


Today, I just have a few photos left that I took this past Monday, the last day of our sale! That was indeed a crazy three days, but then again, many of our days at the store are just that way. A couple of my favorite episodes that occurred over the week-end were amazing. On Sunday, and elderly Asian gentleman had come in with a luggage rack on wheels, and since it was so busy it was hard to see him. Thankfully another merchant happened to be standing by our front door and noticed the above guy had added a $170 leather doctor bag on top of his luggage with the price tag still on it and walked out the door. Yesi had just saw him as well. So, off I go and I'm thinking, I'm REALLY going to be pissed if I have to run down Olive to catch him. With my speed walk, I managed to catch him down my Antique Station. I just said, "hey, you didn't pay for that". Immediately he starts saying, "so sorry, so sorry, mistake, I pay". At this point I just want the bag back, so I take it off his cart and he is "supposed" to be walking back with me to the store to pay for it. Half way back,  I see him stop, act like he's fixing his remaining piece of luggage then he walks away in the opposite direction. At this point, I just give up and am happy I got the bag back! Then the very next day, in the middle of the day, one of our "local" homeless guys decides to stop next to my building and pee on it! Yep, you heard it. With all that said, here a just a few pictures of "my boy Bryce's stuff"! And yes, the one below is blurry, sorry. I just had no time over the sale week-end!





Speaking of time, I just got banned from the store for the next few days. I have been really tired, not feeling all that good lately. Yesterday when I woke up, I really felt like a truck had run over me. I had Bodhi and Riley and was just wiped out. I don't get sick, so I just ignore that kind of stuff when I don't feel good. Katie didn't like the way I sounded and tried to tell me I was sick. In my world, I don't have time to be sick. She made me a doctors appointment. I hadn't been in since 2009, and that was just because I had water in my ear. Apparently when all was said and done, including a couple of x-rays, the doc told me I have bronchitis with some "strands" (whatever that means) of pneumonia. Perfect! Especially for someone that can't sit still. Funny how life works sometimes. I JUST changed my health insurance on February 1st, because you know, I'm never sick! One of the prescriptions didn't have a generic brand, and I haven't reached my deductible since it's brand new insurance. So, $163 later, for 10 pills, some other pills, and thankfully two inhalers the doctor gave me, I have been banned from "the store"! Hope to be back soon before I go crazy at home!!

10 comments:

Kate said...

Where do I start. Ok first rest up and take care of you thats most important. So many need you to be healthy I know those grandbabies love to you to death. Also I want you to be better since I'm one of the spoiled ones who loves to chat with you when you are there. Take care and I hope you are bouncing back in no time.

xoxo
Kate

Faded Charm said...

And I thought your job was all fun and games...haha. The things you have to put up with Sue.

I hope you take some down time and get better(Doctors orders)....anyway, who would be there when you need to chase someone down the road to get your merchandise back or clean up your building whenever someone has the urge?

Sounds like that store needs you.

Take care and relax.

xoxo
Kathleen

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

So glad you've got your children watching over you! Take care of yourself and rest as much as possible - I find that nearly impossible myself so I know how you feel! Hope you're back to normal soon. :)

Seawashed said...

You are very very lucky that you never get sick. So I do hope you will rest and let your body recover. Fluff everything around you, making yourself a little dreamy haven and think of it as a vacation. You never know, you just might enjoy it. Sip plenty of broths and teas and put on calming music. Take care of yourself. ox

Maureen said...

Now be a good girl and do as you're told!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Let's see, you live in Calif., right? So, I think your life should be made into a movie, oh wait, we watch it with every post. You now just need to get paid for it :) Hope you are feeling better! PS Tell Tim congrats on making the flea market style mag!!

trash talk said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're ill, but you know sometimes the body just says enough is enough...and makes us sit down. Hopefully, it'll remain just a "few" strands.
Law, I'm surprised you were able to go after the shoplifter with your lungs infected.
You take care of you and let those who love you take care of everything else...including hosing down the building!
Debbie

blossoms vintage chic said...

Sue, Hope you are feeling better real soon! In the mean time I would
say just go with it and take some time to really rest...I was at the sale and with the lines at the check-out counter, I don't even know how you saw, let alone caught that guy!
Get well soon!
xx
Debbie

Mary said...

Feel well soon!

Annie Louise said...

Oh my goodness--what a post!! Please take care of yourself first and foremost. I know it is hard to rest, but sometimes you just have to do it!!! Your picture, even blurry, are incredible. Love the industrial look. Take care, rest, relax, and follow your doctor's orders, and let your children handle things for awhile. I am sure you have taught them well.
Hope you are feeling better soon!
Jeanette