5.29.2010

How About 36 Hours in a Day?

I need more hours in my days! It is that simple, there just isn't enough time to get everything done anymore. Yesterday I had grocery shopping to do for Morgan's birthday party tonight. I had to clean the house, which is always great fun. And lastly, I couldn't stand my garden and porch area of my house anymore. There were weeds, dirt, more weeds, spider webs, and everything else that made the front of the house not look so good. So, with everything else going on, I took some of my limited time to work out front, but I've only made a "dent" in what needs to be done. The one thing about the rain this year is that my garden went crazy!









It's always a nice feeling to get to the picture above, when everything is done for the day and you can drag the hose out! I still need to spend some more time out in the garden, but now, that had to do. I use to have a great gardener a year ago. But, I thought I would save some money with a "mow & blow" guy. Mistake, big mistake as I've got weeds I'm really going to have to work on. And in case you are wondering what that metal looking thing is on the right hand side of the picture above, it's a bathtub! Yes, Bryce brought home and old bathtub for his bathroom and let it right there! Not sure what he'll do with it before the party tonight. I suggested that maybe he fill it with ice, and we can put all the drinks in it!! Never ends in the business of junk! Have a wonderful Memorial week-end, and the store is lookin' good if you are in our area!!

4 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

a lot of hard work before the fun, thats just the way it goes.
It all looks beautiful and I love the idea of the bathtub ice chest! If you market that at the shop it will take off and everyone will want bathtubs in the backyard for this summers parties! Or you could do like in the midwest, toilets, bathtubs in front yards full of flowers??? who started that and thought is was ok?
I could except the tub but not the toilet.
Have a great birthday celebration
Amy

Tanza said...

Hi Sue,
Your yard looks soo beautiful, and all the cool stuff around it !! AWESOME !! It looks like it's ready for the BiG party bash !! Have a wonderful time with family and friends !!
YIPPEE for Summer, I'm ready !! Hope work isn't a crazy day for you .. maybe just some fun ~
hugs ~tanza~

Malisa said...

Happy Birthday to You...Happy Birthday to You...Happy Birthday, Dear Morgan...Happy Birthday to You!

Love, hugs and kisses!

Aunt Malaysia

Yard is lookin' good, my friend!

Debra@CommonGround said...

LOVE your front porch! You have so many wonderful pieces out there. Lots to ooohhh and aaahhhh over. Hope your party was fun and that little Morgan had a super-duper Birthday!
hugs,
Debra