10.24.2008

"Equality For All "


You know, I think if I see one more commercial where little kids are acting like they are in school and being taught about gay marriage, I'll throw up! If anything shows you what's wrong with those that want you to vote "yes on 8", then those commercials should do it. Is it okay to exploit little kids in commercials, and okay for this same group of people to discriminate and take away constitutional rights and peoples civil rights? I just don't think that is right. They teach nothing about marriage in public schools. The above sign is in my front yard. Why? Basically because I believe in equality, I hate discrimination, I always have and I always will. It disturbs me that McCain and Palin both don't believe in "equality" because that is what they are saying when they say they think only a man and woman should be able to marry! I don't want my President to be a prejudiced person. I've never understood that hang up people have with gay people. My sister is gay, I have gay friends, customers, dealers and more. They are "just" people, just nice, everyday people. My daughter Brande, took a cut in pay, and took a job this past month campaigning for "No on 8". Why? Because she too believes in equality! So, please, take the time to vote here in a couple of weeks. This is an important election. Look around you right now, things are messed up. Something is wrong, and it's time for a "change"!! Please, get out there and vote!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

The reason I have a problem with people being homosexual is because the Bible clearly states that it is a sin. We are all sinners, and "gay" people can repent of their sin, too, and be saved by the grace of God through the blood of Jesus Christ.

"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God".
Romans 3:23

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life". John 3:16

Bey the way, you have a beautiful store. I have seen photos of it on a friend's blog, and it is just lovely. :-)

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Hiya Sue, i just found your blog by chance actually as i was leaving a comment on Jessicas blog...i noticed a comment you had left her so i popped on over to see what this was all about.
Straight away i knew you were my kind of person! I too have friends and family who are gay and i love them dearly. They are my loved ones and i see them no differently than i see myself.

God does not discriminate and Gay people do not need to be 'SAVED', contrary to what some people seem to think.
Good Grief!

ok im off my soap box now, LOL.
I just had to speak up.
Take Care,
Shannon :)