2.01.2008

New Years Resolutions



Here we are on the first day of February and have had 31 past days to keep our resolutions of '08. This year I decided to do something different than the usual lose weight, eat better drill. I made a resolution to find something to be grateful for in each and every day. It is so easy to get frustrated with traffic or pettily stuff that doesn't really matter. We all get caught up in that and often take the little things life offers for granite. So, for the past 31 days, I'm working on teaching myself more about gratitude. And the good things are really there if we really pay attention. A strangers smile, someone opens a door for you, or someone takes the time to tell you how much something you did meant to them.

When you work retail, you obviously get your share of rude and not so nice people. But on the flip side, there are a whole bunch more of our customers that I'm grateful for. They tell me how much they love the store, or how much they love something they bought from us in the past. And I gotta tell you, I'm so grateful for those words! They mean a great deal to me.

So, as we all face month two of our new year, I know I'm remembering to be grateful each and every day. It's about the small stuff, you know? Like when my little grandbaby Riley smiles and gives me a big hug, no matter how bad my day may have been, when those big blue eyes of hers sparkle at me, I truly feel gratitude!

No comments: