11.25.2008

The Life of Riley


Riley and I spent the day together today. She's now a little over two years old, and like most little kids that age, she is busy. The other day she had a meltdown in my kitchen because I "thought" her and I had bought a bag of gingerbread men cookies. When I opened the bag it was the "ingredients" to make the cookies. Note to self, wear glasses when grocery shopping. So yesterday while at Trader Joe's I saw these big gingerbread cookies already made. Riley was excited today to have one, but just not too sure how to eat the big cookie!

After Riley finished her cookie, we went down to Seal Beach to see Auntie Brande in her new apartment by the beach. I don't know what it is about when Riley goes to visit Brande, maybe it's just some place new, maybe is the fresh ocean air, but whatever it is, Riley turns into a crazed two year old and does everything from jumping on the bed, to trying to climb up into the windows! There are sometimes you just have a have a quick "time out" to gather your thoughts. I don't think Riley quite agreed with me on that one though.

By the end of the day, with NO nap whatsoever, Riley unfortunately had experienced a couple of more time outs. When Brande moved out, we rotated rooms in my house. Bryce & Justine moved into Brande's room, I got my old office back, and Riley got her playroom back. As tired as Riley was at days end, she wanted to go play in "her" little room. One of my cats, Leonard, is old and fat and the ONLY cat that will tolerate Riley. As you can see, Leonard is wearing Riley's little "chef" apron. That cat's patience never ceases to amaze me. You can also see how very much Riley loves Leonard. I know it made her feel good to have a buddy to hug at the end of a long day!

No comments: