6.04.2011

Looks Like It's Number 1000!



This is my 1000th post. Actually, I didn't realize it until the other day when I was looking for something in my list of blogs! I'm not quite sure how I hit that big 1000. I do know that I talk a lot, and obviously all those crazy thoughts that are always in my head, often come out through writing. I've always felt that "life" always has a story to tell if you just listen, look, and pay attention. So, on my 1000th post I decided to share the things that have meant the most in my life. My folks, above, with me, have been gone for a few years now. They did leave me lots of stories to tell to my kids and grandkids. My mom's struggles growing up in Texas during the Depression were stories I always held close to my heart along with her stories of growing up in Texas. And my dad, OMG, the man use to make me absolutely crazy until the day he died. But he too had stories from WWII and many, many more he shared.  They both shared a love of our furry friends and gardening, something that is still a big part of me.


And my kids! These three are still not only a big part of my life, but hold a big place in my heart as well. I always wanted a few more kids, but we won't discuss the ex-Mr. Wonderful today. I'm so proud of each of them. They all know the importance of giving back, paying it forward, and helping those that need it. For me, I couldn't ask for anything more. They have grown up to be good people that mean the world to me.


I always use to think that nothing could get better than having kids. Then I had grandbabies, and my world has changed in a heartbeat. The love has filled my heart with feelings  that I cannot even put into words. I look at Bodhi, Morgan, and Riley above and know how blessed I have been. Just their smiles let along melt my heart, let alone their hugs and kisses.


My bestfriend above, Country Roads, has given me so many stories to write. Opening back on January 2nd of 1993 I'm still amazed at its popularity. The one little door you see on the right opens up to this very special world for me, and I know for many of my customers as well. I'm still not giving up on my  book, "Geeks, Freaks, and Antiques. . . the Real Country Roads Story". Seriously, there is an endless supply of stories to share. One day, one day I keep promising myself I will seriously start writing the chapters to the ever ending stories Country Roads shares daily!


Not only has Country Roads given me stories to tell, it gave me two more daughters. Although they are not my biological daughters, these two girls have a place in my heart just like my own kids. Yesi, pictured above and her little girl Josalyn are amazing. Yesi started working so young, as in around eleven hanging out with her sister, Caorl, who worked there. And now she could run Country Roads by herself with her eyes shut. And little Josalyn, this kid is hysterical. I love her like one of my own grandkids!


And Carol, the one I share our little bit of air that floats through our heads daily, is above in the middle at her little girl Arianna on her fifth birthday party a few months ago. Carol started working at Country Roads when she was eighteen years old. She was shy, knew very little about antiques, but her parents had given both her and Yesi a very strong work ethic. Carol has gone from a shy eighteen year old, to (in a couple of weeks on her birthday) a 32 year old wife, mother and antique dealer that is so very knowledgeable about this business. And her son, Azul, on the far left, and her little girl, Arianna sitting next to Riley, are also like my own little grandbabies. They are very special to me!


And this is us! My family at  Pa's Pumpkin Patch last year.  Vinnie on the above right is Katie's husband, and Justine, below right, is Bryce's wife. This is us, "MY" family! I know some people think success is measured by how large their bank accounts are. But mine? It's strictly measured by love. And I look above at the pictures on this post, and all the stories I've written in these thousand posts about my family and Country Roads, and how can it now truly warms my heart? It makes going to bed at night, even when you have had hard day, all worthwhile. I have met so many good people through Country Roads and blogging. I have been lucky to get to meet many of my friends from blogging, thanks to my bestfriend, Country Roads. So, as I head down the path to blog post 2000, I just want say "thanks" to all of you that have left so many nice comments over the time I wrote these 1000 posts. It still amazes me that people actually read what I write, but thank you, I always appreciate your kind words.  One of my favorite songs, that my friend RuFie also loves, is below. I've always loved the lyrics and it just kind of sums up the way I feel about life!

"A Wonderful World"

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
They're really saying I love you

I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world.

Louis Armstrong

7 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

Beautifully said Sue
Congrats on 1000 and everything else too.
There is a reason for your success and happiness and it is YOU.
You have raised loving and caring children and helping put the same love towards your grandchildren.
The teaching of giving back and I love that you say you always have a couple of bucks on you just in case you run into someone who needs it more than you. This is a spirit I wish the whole world had.
You are an inspiration as a mother and business woman!
Thank you, for always having kind words and some down right funny ones to share as well.
Now, take a day off and celebrate, lol
Cheers
Amy

Sue said...

Thanks Amy! Your words are so touching and appreciated! A day off? Let's see, I think I'm going on day eight and we have Morgan's 2nd birthday party here at my house tonight. Keeps me young ;0) So days off just yet!

Take care my friend, Sue

Kate said...

Beautiful Indeed Sue!!! I love this post for so many reasons and most of all the foundation of what your Country Roads family truly means. Being a part of Country Roads not only is such a blessing but a testament of what it means to be a part of one. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for what all of you have given back to us. I look forward to many more years of being a part of the Country Roads family.

xoxo
Kate

The Green Pea said...

I think you are surrounded by some wonderful children, grandchildren, and loyal friends. You are blessed.
Congratulations on you 1,000th post.
Wow, that is a lot of sharing and stories alright. Please keep it up, I love your blog. sandi

Malisa said...

Yep, you are one RICH woman! You measure your success by love...and you have bushels of love for everyone around you! You are surrounded by people who love, respect and honor you! I am one of them! I am so honored to call you my best bud. Happy 1000th, RICH WOMAN!

Malaysia

time worn interiors said...

Congratulations on hitting 1000! You have a wonderful family and you hold them very dear to your heart, thats what makes you special! Have a great BSC Sunday!
Tot

The Boston Lady said...

What a wonderful post Sue. And congrats on hitting 1000! It's been such a nice experience getting to know you and your family through your blog and of course, seeing all the fabulousness of CR! I even showed up there one day because of your blog. And I can't wait until I'm over that way again and stop in and say hi. Your parents and you have created a wonderful legacy. Ann