6.16.2011

A "Little" Help in My Garden


I had been outside working & watering my garden. I wish I would have waited to water, because Morgan came outside to help me. There is something so special about little kids and gardens and nature. Maybe it's their innocence, that natural curiosity. I know that I've been enjoying spending more time in my garden and with the great gardener I now have, things are starting look so much better, especially my roses!












I love watching my three little ones watch the world and nature. Life is different through those beautiful eyes of my little ones. Life doesn't appear any purer than seeing our world through their beautiful little faces. Rachel Carson wrote,
"If a child is to help his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement, and mystery of the world we live in."

I know this summer, it is time to not quite work as many days at "the store". It is time to find more balance between work and play. It is time to focus more on matters of the heart, and see, feel, and experience life a bit more through the eyes of my three beautiful little grandbabies! Wishing you all a wonderful summer, and hoping we all can experience a bit more of those lazy days of summer with those we love!

6 comments:

Genie said...

Adorable.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Oh your little one is so adorable. And your garden is beautiful. Happy weekend my friend, T

trash talk said...

Precious. Those are the kind of helping hands every gardener would love to have or at least every grandma gardener!
Your garden is looking lovely, but Morgan is the prettiest little rosebud of all.
Deb

Ido said...

Morgan is sooo cute. Love your garden so pretty and inviting, and that bird bath, beautiful!
Have a fantastic weekend!
XXX Ido

The Boston Lady said...

Sue, the prettiness of your lovely garden is only outshone by the beauty of Morgan. Great pictures and words to go with... Ann

Mary said...

I LOVE your garden! And Morgan is so adorable. Have a great weekend, Mary :O)