1.03.2011

Changing Things Up At Country Roads

I LOVE January's at Country Roads! Seems like each year we do some moving around and shuffling of vendors which gives the store a completely different look. Below are some pictures of a few of our vendors that are in the middle of some "extreme makeovers"!
For those of you that shop with Kate you know that she is always changing her look & style on her little porch by in the back of the main building. She's taken on another little area, and yesterday afternoon I caught her in the middle of the "new" look, so I snapped a couple of quick photos. I'll be sure and have some more when she is finished. Although with Katie, she is never quite finished. Always changing things up.
In the photos above, you can see a couple of small vignettes that Eileen has been working on. She has a big makeover coming this week. The old floor that is so uneven is coming out, and she will be working on a new look as well once the floor is out. This is a major project and I can't wait to show you the finished result.
Sue Lennon, one of our new vendors is already moving. You may recognize the photos above. Sue is under the stairs, near Kate's space. She will be taking a bigger space down the first aisle which will truly be an extreme makeover for her and my boy Bryce! The big window showcase that sticks out in the aisle will be gone, and a brand new look that I promise you that you won't want to miss will soon be put together by the weeks end! Robin & Steve that are currently in that spacing are moving over to Sue's old space and will also be sporting a "new look"!And lastly, I want to say a HUGE "thank you" again to everyone that shopped with us New Years Day. We were so incredibly busy, and please know how very appreciative we all are for this! And an extra thanks to Katie, who DID all the tickets from the huge sale as you see above. It may not look like much work, but it took her most of the day to get them sorted, put on cards, added and put in the books. She wanted our Country Roads family to see how well they did on New Years Day! Also, one more really BIG "thank you" goes to Ginny, Cindy, Stacey, and Eileen that came in to help us on Saturday. There were so many customers, I don't know what I would have done without them!! To me, this is what makes Country Roads so very special to me. We aren't just a "store" we truly are family. I'll get you updated with the "new" looks of Country Roads as they transform. And again, as we start our 18th year of business, NONE of this would have been possible without all of you, our customers. You ARE the best!!

7 comments:

red.neck chic said...

I want to go hang all of my chairs on the wall in the single-wide. Seriously.

;-D I'm glad your sale was WONDERFUL!!! Country Roads NEEDS to be in TEXAS on the Country Roads!!! Or... a road trip might be in order...

;-D Happy New Year!
robelyn

Malisa said...

Just think how much damage a fan could do on that counter! :) Sorry for having that evil thought, Katie!
I agree with Robelyn...tables, chairs and trays need to go on the wall! Congratulations on the beginning of your 18th year! Before we know it, Riley, Morgan and Bodhi will be running Country Roads!

Malaysia

Vintage Market Place said...

Can't wait to see you in the New Year and all the new looks of CRs
yesterday we finally got out to an antique mall here in Vegas and it just makes me miss your shop Sue.
We were treated so horrible here in Vegas that we have learned, if we are going to shop we are only shopping in Cali with you from now on.
No more wasting time with horrible shop owners who could care less about the customer or the shop.
So here is to shopping til we drop at CR next time we are in town.
Amy

The Boston Lady said...

What a handsome couple at the top of the post! And I have to agree with red.neck.chic, I love those chairs on the wall! So glad you had a great sale and looking foward to all the new looks at CRA. Ann

Annie Louise said...

Oh boy, I can not wait to see all the changes--such fun!!!!! I am so glad your sale went so well--congratulations.
Jeanette

Anonymous said...

WOW! I love seeing the counter with all of those sale tickets! that was a great day and I am so glad that I could volunteer my time. Looking forward to the changes. Happy New Year!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Wow...all those tickets...so happy for you all!!

Loving that wall of chairs, hope she recreates it!!