7.06.2012

The Vintage Lady


Before I even begin this post, let me explain the "green" tint to these pictures. Cathy has bright lime green/yellow umbrellas shading her area and I had some problems trying to edit the color. Anyway, as we all know, Cathy is the poster kid for positivity. Her store burns down, and does it stop her? Nope, she sent me an email and wanted to continue what she loved so much at Country Roads. And as many of you know, Country Roads very seldom has open space. But because of Cathy's positive thoughts and her strong faith as well, a space opened at the store, and everything worked out just like it was supposed to. After Cathy got her area just right, she then moved into a little area in the garden. And now, she has expanded to the old vintage arbor I have in the garden. I watched her as her head was spinning with thoughts and as she immediately went to work on it. I love this arbor. It use to be in my old Long Beach store for the short period of time it was open. And I've never seen it look so good until now, courtesy of Cathy!












Country Roads is indeed a magical place. Not because of just what it appears to be. The magic comes from all the people, my Country Roads family, that fill all the nooks and crannies with beautiful displays and vignettes. From time to time, I will take a minute or two and just stand someplace in "the store" (the name most of use rather than Country Roads) and I'm just blown away by the talent around me. It really is a magical place. And I never forget that magic comes from my CR family and people just like Cathy!

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I love it and wish her great success in her new space!

Recycled Rita said...

Hi Sue!
I got such a kick out of her on Sunday, she was so excited, she was really walking in circles! I think I heard her head buzzing too!
Her space came out really cute and I love the fencing you gave her!
See you tomorrow! karen...

The Boston Lady said...

Sue, I love her space and her little gardens. So glad there was a spot for her! Ann