4.29.2010

Our Gardens Are Lookin' Good!

Usually we don't get a lot of rain in Southern CA, and we have needed it for the past few years. I believe this year we have made up for the lack of it. But I have to say, since we've had so much rain, we're having a beautiful Spring. Everything at Johnnye Merle's Gardens (named after my Mom), is in full bloom. Our flower beds are overflowing with color, so any chance I get, I try to sneak away from the counter and head to the garden. These pictures are of an area in the garden that has just been added. I LOVE all the garden elements out here and I thought I would share a few of them today!





For some reason, I LOVE the cement head that has been knocked off its shoulders and just lies there waiting for better days. I must say, that should be our "poster child" for "BSC" Sundays! That is exactly how you feel. And a special thanks to John for putting together such an awesome looking area in our gardens! It looks fabulous!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Just pack it all up - well maybe not all the buckets - a have a lot -but everyting else will work in my yard. What's my total please? What!!!! To ship to Maryland!!! Well, I can look, enjoy and dream. Perect displays and wonderful items! Jennifer jennsthreegraces

trash talk said...

This would be a perfect "White Wednesday" post!
Debbie

Deb said...

I have that same I don't know what it is called but they used to have it as posts on front porches...its at the top of one of your photos...I've been trying to figure out what I could do with it...and seeing yours just gave me an idea...hang it long ways..it doesn't have to be a post...Woo Hoo... thank you...

Kate said...

Sue
I actually got to see these displays in person yesterday hubs brought me to CR. BEAUTIFUL, simply is an understatement. I am looking forward to the summer and the the fun Gracie & hubs will have in your gardens:) Thanks for the sweet note, you rock. See you soon.

Hugs
Kate

Maureen said...

I love that you have a garden shop as a part of your shop. So perfect.

Shab-n-Chic said...

Fun digging there! How much is the head and also to ship to San Diego?
Thanks!
nancy

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

I had the pleasure to visit the gardens today and Sue is not lying, people! Come over to Country Roads, you can't miss it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

time-worn interiors said...

You have the best dealers in the world! Love it!
TOT