9.25.2014

Fall Eye Candy


 Next to Summer,  I have to say that Fall is also one of my favorite times of the year.  So, I thought I would share some of our "Fall-ish" eye candy with you today. . .





















The other morning, I went outside to get something out of my car.  I noticed their were a few leaves in my front yard that were so pretty with all the colors that remind me of Fall. I picked them up and took them inside on my desk and looked at them for a few minutes. The reason why?  Several years ago there use to be this elderly woman that would take morning walks with her caretaker. This sweet woman, would stop and examine several of the leaves that had fallen off my tree in the front yard. After looking the leaves over carefully, she would choose three or four and then put them oh so gently in the bag that her caretaker was carrying. She's been gone for several years, but each and every Fall when the leaves turn all the beautiful colors, I am reminded of this sweet woman. Taking the time to notice what nature gives away so freely is an important thing to acknowledge in life. Especially since we live in this crazy, busy world of ours. My hopes are that each of you will find those brief "moments" in life to enjoy the little things such as the beautiful Fall colors of the leaves! Take care. . .

3 comments:

Genie said...

Sue,

I just want to thank you for years of wandering Country Roads, for the displays and for the garden.
Every visit a calming journey.

A destination store with all the humbleness of home.

love, e

Debbie said...

So many things in every image!!
I visited the previous posts, as well. Am impressed with all of the treasures in the shop! LOVE the chandeliers!
Summer is my favorite season...but the coziness of fall does warm my heart.
Great post.
Debbie

marcela cavaglieri said...

The store looks absolutely amazing, everybody there does such an impressive job. Love CR!!!!!