11.16.2009

Working On A Dream

Do you ever have one of those days when everything just goes "right" and you feel almost magical about the day? Yesterday when Rachel came to Country Roads for her book signing was that kind of day. It was a beautiful sunny day and Rachel just shined! As she sat on the table talking about certain parts of her new book, and what it meant to her, you could feel her heart & soul as she told her story. Then she signed books, took pictures, and the smiles on everyone's faces including Rachel's was truly magical. She did this not once, but twice. And after the store closed and all our customers had left, Rachel stayed and signed a stack of books for me. As she was signing the books, we all just talked, laughed and had such a great time. Yes, I have to say, yesterday was truly a "magical" day. As Bruce Springsteen sings in his song, "Working on a Dream",
"the sun rise up I climb the ladder, the new day breaks, and I'm working on a dream"
Country Roads is always the dream I continue to work on daily, and yesterday was a was a day that reminded me why I continue to work on this dream. Thank you Rachel, my Country Roads family, and everyone else, especially our Country Roads customers for reminding me that dreams do come true! There are a few pictures below of our day!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Rachel's Book Signing
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

4 comments:

Tanza said...

Hi Sue,
YES !! yesterday was a magical, beautiful day !! You and your beautiful children, and staff put on and hosted an incredible day !! It was all set up PERFECTLY !! I will never forget you helping me get my book signed .. you went above and beyond what a storekeeper would EvEr do !! But, that is Country Roads .. Always a step above, and trying to please us fanatic customers !! I had such a wonderful time, and it will always be a highlight in my life of lovin the "shabby" things in life .. I still laugh about when Rachel shared she loves vintage dolls, but most of all the little boy dolls with cracked heads !! hahaha .. I think we've all had a few of those in our lives ... she was truly amazing ...soo open and honest, and just brushing herself off and moving forward !! Thanks again Sue, see you soon I know .. The day was incredible ~
hugs ~tanza~

trash talk said...

Sue, I can't think of anyone else who could surpass you as the perfect hostess for this event. It takes someone special to see the magic in all that is around us and you have 20/20 vision for that.
You do take your business to a different level and I for one would love to be able to come out and see and feel it firsthand!
Your "boys" did the most awesome job of setting the stage...from the pix, it all looks beautiful!
Debbie

Debra@CommonGround said...

Sue, everything was just beautiful and perfect for Rachel to shine! Love your smilebox slideshow!
Debra

Malisa said...

Wowee, wowee, wowee! What a fantastical slide show! :) Girlfriend, you know how to pull off an event! Would you do my next wedding? Ha! Loved the picture of The Country Roads family at the end! Little Morgan looked precious! Is that who I think it is holding her in that picture? Thanks for sharing with all of us who could not attend!

Wowee!

Malisa