9.21.2008

Country Roads, Fall, and Magazines

Tomorrow, the 22nd, is the first day of Fall. I love this time of year for many reasons. It is the time of year not only for our Fall gardens but to start decorating! At Country Roads we've displayed "Fall" in a variety of ways this year, from Halloween to the election and the importance of voting and making a difference. Also, if the link below works, I've got a slide show of "Fall at Country Roads" with quite a few pictures on it. I guess I just wanted to show the many different looks and styles we have at the store: country, primitive, cottage, vintage, garden, home decor, holiday and much more!

The new Fall edition of Cottages and Bungalows just came out. A few months back, Romantic Homes did a photo shoot of my house for the March issue of their magazine. I was so nervous because my house is never done, and I actually don't see it as "magazine" material, you know? They also used pictures of my kitchen (which I'm working on) and one of our dealers, Ruthie Schmidt's kitchen. It was a strange feeling for me to buy a magazine with an interview and pictures of my home in it. Not sure how to put that into words. But, I'm very grateful and appreciative to Jacqueline, Jaimee, and Tanya from Romantic Homes for the opportunity. Thank you. With all that said, take a stroll through Country Roads by clicking the link below. Happy Fall!

http://www.flicker.com/photos/susandulane/sets/72157607380191986

No comments: